Tuesday, May 30, 2006

2 days to Hurricane Season

NOAA has officially predicted a "Very Active 2006 North Atlantic Hurricane Season". Go ahead, run out and buy water for 50 people. Or at least make sure you own a flashlight.

Alternatively, like some I know, you could take this chance to move to a geographic area not threatened by hurricanes on a weekly basis for almost half the year.

I do know that after last year, most of us will never see tropical storm season quite the same way again. I don't have to use the excuse that getting older is calming or sobering my thoughts. Last year scared the *&#%@$! out of me, and I saw the lives of several close friends massively changed. While having hurricane parties in the face of worry can be therapeutic, the whole thing will have a bitter taste this year...

No comments: