Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Banned Books Week


Banned Books Week
Originally uploaded by drinkgoodtea.
The Banned Books Week display at the Gulfport Library. This display has been my project for the last while, I'm feeling extra proud of it. I think that one's first book display is some sort of a milestone, at least in a library-world career. Woo hoo!!

There are more pictures on Flickr, the display spreads over two desks and is kinda hard to capture all at once. And if you're reading this and you're in the area, stop by and take a look. The display will be up for at least another week or two. Read banned books, yo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy if my students read ANY books, but certainly banned ones would be a great start :-) What's sad is that the philosophies that led to these books being banned in the first place are alive and well in 2006 America... we need change ;-)